The Kilimanjaro marangu route is a popular route on which nights are spent in huts, and meals taken in dining halls. the only route that ascends and descends using the same path. often referred to as the “Coca-Cola route.”
After breakfast proceed to Marangu gate (drive from Arusha or Moshi. Town or Marangu). Start trekking up to Mandara Hut (2700 m). It takes 2 hrs.
Trek from Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut altitude 3700 m and it takes 4 – 5 hrs.
Climb from Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut altitude 4700 m. It takes 5 hrs for the 13 km walk.
First hours of morning around 1.00 a.m is spent by trekking to Gilmans Point 5681 m (5hrs). Then another 1.30 hrs to Uhuru Peak. After some time in the summit, descend down to Horombo Hut.
After breakfast descend down to Marangu Gate and then transferred to your Hotel in Moshi/Arusha Town.
“End of service”.
Price above Includes:
– Transport to and from mountain gates.
– All parks entry fees.
– All camping fees.
– Rescue fees.
– Guide and porters fees.
– Guide and porters salaries.
– All accommodations on the mountain based on three meals a day.
– Cook and all kitchen utensils.
Price Above Excludes:
– International and domestic flights (we can arrange on request)
– Accommodation on the first night upon your arrival before climb and on the last day after climb (book with us)
– Airport transfers (book with us)
– Tips, drinks and all items of personal nature
– Hard and soft drinks and tips
– Sleeping bags but we can provide for hire on request.
– All Mountain Gears (we can arrange hire of this)
NOTE: We offer a wide range of safaris options, so you can tailor your safari to be exactly what you want. Contact us for a customized itinerary and quote.